Monday, July 4, 2011

Another Year Finished...

This will probably be my last blog entry from my exchange-year in Germany.  I feel really great knowing what I've been through, and being able to treasure my time and experiences here with my friends and host-family.  I took the Zertifikat B1 Deutsches Sprachdiplom (Certificate B1 German Language Diploma) two weeks ago, and I felt good about the results.  I won't find out until September or sometime this fall.  My plane is on Friday and it'll have been exactly 50 weeks since I was in the USA.  The pictures below are of my host-brother's "Prom" that we had last weekend, and my "going-home" party.  It's been quite a journey and time never paused during my stay.  My host-sister will be visiting us from the end of July to the middle of August; she's never seen the USA and this will be a great way for me to keep-up my German and practice!  (She's 11 and doesn't speak English.)  So other than this, I start school next year on August 22nd at at the University of Illinois at Springfield. I plan on double-majoring in international relations and political science and minoring in business administration.

Thank you to everyone who has read this and I look forward to seeing you!

Viele Grüße

My host-brother's band.

My host-brothers and I.  (The one on the left was in the USA for a year.)

My friend, Christine, and I at "Prom."

Make a wish!

Enjoying my last days in Germany.


Our "Last Supper" at the 12 Apostles restaurant...

My host-family and I in Holiday Park...